Obesity is a medical concern that increases a person’s risk of health problems and comorbidities such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancers.
Study Finds Epigenetic System of Inheritance Dominates Over Genetic Mutations in Unstable Environments
The theory of evolution in all its elegant explanations for the ongoing development of different species has left aside a significant aspect: identifying the factors
Fish Parents Exposed to Stressful Experience Pass Down Behaviors via Sex-specific Intergenerational Plasticity.
Intergenerational plasticity or parental effects can influence how organisms manage the consequences of environmental change. Parental environments may alter the phenotype of the offspring and
The Latinx population is the largest and fastest-growing racial-ethnic minority group in the United States, and much of this growth was due to immigration. According
Biological aging may be attributed to several causes, including telomere shortening, oxidative stress, side reactions, glycation, mutations, and intra and extracellular aggregation of proteins. Most
Age is essentially used in all cancer epidemiology studies and is also one of the most studied risk factors for cancer. People with cancer seem
Depression is a common illness experienced by more than 264 million people globally. Evidence suggests that genes play a role in increasing the risk of
Skeletal aging is an elaborate process marked by environmental factors and biological mechanisms that result in reduced bone formation, stem cell exhaustion, and an increase
Approximately 1 percent of human DNA is made of protein-coding genes, while the remaining 99 percent comprises non-coding genes. Non-coding DNA does not provide instructions
Previous studies have established that people with obesity have different methylation profiles in their tissues versus lean people. Obesity among pregnant women has been a